The Sustainable Fibre Alliance is a UK environmental charity which operates in Mongolia. Established in 2015 it is committed to activities which see the reversal of desertification of grasslands that support the livelihoods of herding communities. Its core source of funding comes from members of the manufacturing and retailing community that trade in the production and sale of products made from Cashmere fibre.
- To plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the SFA in Mongolia.
- To ensure and improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of operations function through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the operations department within the SFA
- Financial – Review financial statements and data with the Finance Manager to successfully manage the department’s budget
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals by working with SFA UK and SFA Country Director to review and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize organizational effectiveness. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources – Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. In partnership with SFA UK establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Outputs – Coordinate and monitor the work of various members of staff involved in the development of herding communities and processing plants. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure the SFA Internal Management System and requirements of ISEAL are met by liaising with the Finance team to ensure SFA continues to meet those requirements. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Marketing and Communication – Manage registered herder community and process plant compliance support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities. Hold regular team and Skype meetings with Mongolian and UK team
- Strategic Input – Liaison with the Country Manager, Finance Manager and SFA CEO in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
The job holder would be expected to have a good level of English language in addition to native Mongolian as the role require liaison with colleagues in the UK.
The job holder should be educated to degree standards and hold a relevant qualification in business or production management, knowledge of Quality Assurance systems whilst required are desirable.
The job holder should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills as the post requires working within a small team where a hands on approach is required to support the activities of the organisation
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of personalities and stakeholders
- Ability to support and when required, take the lead in the absence of the Country Manager at stakeholder meetings
- Ability to produce and supervise the delivery of outcomes agreed with the requirements of the annual SFA work plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in customer service / administrative roles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience in qualification/training/skills solutions/Standards development
- Experience in Quality Assurance processes and procedures
Send a Letter of Motivation and Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]
with the following subject line: “SFA Mongolia Recruitment”
Due to the high number of expected applications, SFA will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Deadline for application: 9 April, 2021
Address: 23, Grand office, Olympic street, 1 khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia
E-mail address: [email protected]
Phone: +976 70115559