SFA Mongolia Operations Officer
The Sustainable Fibre Alliance is a UK environmental charity which operates in Mongolia. Established in 2015 it is committed to activities which support the livelihoods of herding communities, animal welfare and the environment. Its core source of funding comes from members of the manufacturing and retailing community that trade in the production and sale of products made from Cashmere fibre.
- To plan, coordinate and accomplish a number of operational and administrative functions of the organization.
- To ensure and improve the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Assist Country Director in implementing Internal management system at country level to ensure effective planning, operations and control of SFA Mongolia key processes that is aimed to establish, document and implement our approach to the sustainable management of processes within the cashmere and other fibre production, manufacturing and retail supply chain.
- Support to coordinate and manage day-to-day work-flow of assurance, admin, HR and Capacity building teams
- Monitor application and registrations for SFA Cashmere Standard accreditation, ensuring that internal deadlines are kept by technical staff. This includes the maintenance of a tracking system for applications and coordinating between the teams
- Monitor implementing programs for ongoing learning for the registered producer organizations and processing plants for compliance support.
- Organize weekly country and monthly global team meetings
- Assist in promotion and operation of the Science and Technical Committee meetings, location and dates of which will be determines a minimum of one month in advance
- Provide administrative support to the Compliance Assurance Country Panel
Additional roles and responsibilities:
- Provide backup support to essential duties of the Country Director during her professional and personal leaves
- Answering phones and responding to client requests and inquiries.
- Drafting and mailing customer correspondence, reports and newsletters.
- Organizing events, scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Providing administrative support to other departments or projects as needed.
Reporting requirements: Reporting relationship is to the Country Director
The job holder would be expected to have a good level of English language in addition to native Mongolian as the role require liaison with colleagues in the UK.
The job holder should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills as the post requires working within a small team where a hands on approach is required to support the activities of the organization.
- Bachelor degree or higher in business management, agriculture, environment, sustainability or related fields.
- 2 years minimum professional work experience in some element of sustainable supply chain
- Sound experience of what SFA is. Its scope and what is does (SFA website)
- Comfortable with in working across different disciplines and cultures
- Comfortable with working independently and remotely
- Language skills: professional grade writing and spoken Mongolian and English is required
- Personal skills: strong organizational and interpersonal skill with the ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of personalities and stakeholders.
- Software skills: intermediate or higher level user of MS Excel and Word, with proven ability to quickly learn various software applications.
- Experience in qualification/training/skills solutions/Standards development
- Experience in working across different disciplines and cultures.
- Experience in the field of environmental protection.
- Master’s degree in related areas.
- Experience in customer service / administrative roles.
Send a Letter of Motivation and Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]
with the following subject line: “SFA Mongolia Recruitment”
Due to the high number of expected applications, SFA will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Deadline for application: 20 June, 2021
Address: 23, Grand office, Olympic street, 1 khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia
E-mail address: [email protected]
Phone: +976 70115559